Hello dear friends!! Welcome to another unboxing of the Sew Sampler box.
I hope you are all well and enjoying the beginning of the summer. I have three boxes to present, February-March-April, but I will open them one by one, in order as usual and present them in different posts. So let’s see the goodies inside the box, shall we?
All monthly boxes have some sort of a theme, well guess what it was for February!! If you said “Love” you’re half way correct, if you say “Sew in Love” you are 100% correct!!! Look at all these bits and pieces!!
Let’s see what is inlcuded in this month’s box:
So, I was watching Leah Day a few days ago, unboxing a sewing box that she has subscribed to, cannot remember what it was, but it also had fabrics in there. What she did and explained, it amazed me, because she’s right about it. There is no point in buying fabric and keeping it in its original package, in order “not-to-destroy-it”. She opened the pack of fabrics, explaining that this is the only way for someone to use the fabrics, otherwise they will stay on their original package for a long time “safe”. Uhhh….I suffer from this “not-to-destroy-it” illness, and since I am in the mood of “let’s sew with fabrics before I forget why I bought them for” I also did what Leah suggested. I opened the package, spread out the fabric pieces, my hands were shaking, but I did it for all three boxes. And this is Feb’s fabrics!! yoohooo!!!
This is Sweet Marion Jolly Bar, by April Rosenthal for Moda Fabrics. The jolly bar includes 42 pieces of 5″x10″ cut of fabrics and includes a few duplicates. It also has a free pattern to make the 40.5″x52.5″ Friendship Bracelet quilt. Now, I need to buy some background fabric and start sewing this beautiful quilt, or any of the previous ones… oh well, sometimes I feel like I need a fabric and batting sponsor, or win the lottery…whichever comes first, I don’t mind…
- This is the CrissCross Quilt Pattern, by Prairie Grass Patterns, and it can be made using jelly roll strips for the crosses. Its finished size is 55″ x 66″ ( 1.40mx1.68m). The patterns features the Sweet Marion fabrics by April Rosenthal. I haven’t sewn a criss cross pattern before, but would love to make this one. Plus this pattern allows for modification, by adding or subtracting x-crosses you can enlarge or reduce the quilt’s size.
- And block #11 recipe card with three size options: 8″, 12″ and 16″. As a bonus box item it had a Moda Fabrics reference guide, with so much information in it. It is a keeper.
Ok so this is one thing that I have never used, and I think I have never seen even in a video tutorial. It is a thread conditioner and protectant, by Thread Heaven. It is nice that is has instructions for both hand and machine sewing. I think I will visit their website for more information before using it.
- Oh, what about a new seam ripper?? This is Tailor-mate 2 in1 Retractable seam ripper, no need to cap off, just retract it. Don’t mind having one more!!!
- And, I am proud owner of the Clover Wonder clips!!! Always wanted to buy some, and now I see for the first time the instructions at the back, never knew this information about the markings….will definitely use them!!
- And last but not least, That Purple Thang by Lynn Graves and Little Foot, it pushes, pokes, pulls, fudges, stuffs, and by threading a ribbon through the slot you can wear it around your neck. What on earth is that 1/4″ square doing on one side?? It is one of those things that I don’t know how to use but will be handy at some point and will be thankful that I have it, I guess.
For statistics, the retail price of all the products above is about $57.08. I am running out of space with the boxes, even though I use them now to store the items that I have received so far by kind, like the fabrics all together, the notions, the patterns, threads, etc.
Thank you so much for being here in my blog today, hope you loved this presentation as much as I do!!! Until next time, have an amazing day, stay safe and happy!!
Don’t forget to hop in the blog for other interesting posts, and let me know what you think!!! Thank you again!!!